COVID-19 SHIPPING IMPACT
Unfortunately, we’ve noticed extending shipping times with our major carriers in the last 6 months. This has significantly impacted all carriers but is most apparent with USPS. If you choose “USPS” as a shipping option or if you choose the “flat rate” shipping option and USPS is the method we choose, please recognize that there are delays. USPS has posted more information about these delays via the link below:
Please understand that we do our best to get you the BikeFit products you need in a timely fashion but we are unable to change shipping delays.
Shipping: Orders placed Monday – Friday are processed and shipped within 24-48 hours. If the order is placed after 12 PM PST, it will be processed the following business day. Tracking numbers will be posted to your account within 24 hours of shipping.
3.00 Flat Rate Shipping (3-10 Business Days): Orders are charged $3.00 for handling but shipping is free in the United States. Please allow up to 10 days for delivery. BikeFit may use either USPS or UPS to ship these orders depending on the weight.
USPS orders must be placed by 10:00 AM Pacific Time Zone (-8 GMT) to ship that same day.
UPS orders must be placed by 10:00 AM Pacific Time Zone (-8 GMT) to ship that same day.
Orders received after 10AM PST, will ship the next day.
UPS is a good shipping partner both domestically and internationally because of its ability to track a package. We also ship domestically and internationally USPS Priority Mail although tracking only applies to US shipments. Priority Mail is especially cost-effective if your order is being shipped to a home address.
For the best delivery times and tracking, please use UPS.
You have the option to choose First Class International Package Service (USPS) which is the most affordable, but there are several issues with this method.
- There is no “expected” arrival time with this method. The only updates you will receive occur when the package is scanned.
- The package travels to a destination in the US first before it’s eventually shipped overseas. This transfer can take 7-14 days.
- Once the package arrives in the destination country and is transferred to the destination carrier, we do not receive any tracking updates until it arrives to you.
- Since COVID-19, this shipping method takes between 10-60 days to arrive.
If you are looking for a more affordable option internationally, please see our International Distributor page to find a dealer in your country.
*International Shipping Delays: If you choose USPS First Class International or any USPS option, these have experienced significant delays. We work with UPS Innovations Priority which collects all small packages and ships them out of Los Angeles. The packages are then shipped by USPS internationally. In the last 4 months, we’ve seen delays up to 60 days to get these packages. UPS Innovations Priority offers a tracking number that starts with “822.” If you create a login with UPS, you can view the tracking number when it changes to USPS. Regardless, there are significant and untimely delays with this type of international shipment that are out of our control. If you’d like to receive your package quickly with transparent tracking, please use UPS as your international shipping method. It is more expensive but you will be able to track the package better. If not, please see our International distributor page (mentioned above) to acquire products locally.
*USPS First Class International Package Service may take 7-21 days or more and USPS does not guarantee delivery dates or times. Many packages are held in destination countries due to customs and duty charges.
*Some countries may charge duties or customs to retrieve BikeFit products once they are shipped to the destination country. BikeFit is not responsible for these charges. All customers should review their own countries’ policies regarding importing tools and products. The customer is responsible for all shipping fees incurred if they refuse to pay customs/duties and BikeFit products are returned. BikeFit will bill customers accordingly in this circumstance.
***BIKEFIT reserves the right to change shipping carriers based on the best shipping time for you.
****BikeFit is not responsible for carrier delays and will not offer refunds if carriers do not ship or deliver packages in the timetable allotted.
BikeFit Shipping Holidays
Our E-Comm store is open 24/7 but shipping and customer service is impacted on certain days.
- January 1 – New Year’s Day (observed): BIKEFIT closed. No service for USPS, UPS or FedEx
- January 20 – Martin Luther King, Jr Birthday: BIKEFIT closed. No service for USPS, UPS or FedEx Ground and Air
- January 30-Feb 3rd – BikeFit Closed for Trade Show
- February 17th – Washington’s Birthday BIKEFIT closed. No service for USPS, UPS or FedEx/
- May 27 – Memorial Day: BIKEFIT closed. No service for USPS, UPS, FedEx.
- June 29 – July 4 Independence Day: BIKEFIT closed for the week for inventory. Orders will be received but not shipped. No service for USPS, UPS, FedEx. Next shipping day is the following Monday after July 4th.
- September 2 – Labor Day: BIKEFIT closed. No service for USPS, UPS, FedEx
- October 14 – Columbus Day: BIKEFIT open. No service for USPS,
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day: BIKEFIT closed. No service for USPS, UPS or FedEx
- November 28 – Thanksgiving Day: BIKEFIT closed. No service for USPS, UPS, FedEx
- November 29 – Day after Thanksgiving: BIKEFIT closed. Modified service for FedEx air – check FedEx.com for more information. Normal service for FedEx Ground.
- December 24 – Christmas Eve (observed): BIKEFIT closed. Normal delivery service for USPS, UPS, and FedEx
- December 25 – Christmas (observed): BIKEFIT closed. No service for USPS, UPS, FedEx.
- December 26-30: BIKEFIT available intermittently to be with family. Shipping available.
- December 31st – January 1, 2021 – New Year’s Eve and Day (observed): BIKEFIT closed. No service for UPS, USPS or FedEX
Information deemed accurate at the time of publishing. Check carrier websites for the most up to date scheduling information.